The Crown Season 4

 Over Thanksgiving break, I watched Season 4 of The Crown on Netflix with my family, which had just come out a week earlier. In the week and a half I was there, we watched all but 3 episodes together. This season talks about Prince Charles and Diana Spencer and how their life started together. 


First of all, it's completely heartbreaking. The show does an incredible job of evoking emotions. It's obviously not 100% historical fiction, but it still gets me interested in the issues of the time, which makes me want to do more research into the truth!

For the entire time I was home for Thanksgiving, the show was all we could talk about! My sister and I lamented over the pain that Diana was put through as a member of the royal party, and we talked about how awful Charles was for cheating on her continually. My dad got into his "devil's advocate" mood and tried to get us to see Charles' side (I get that he was in a tough spot too, but that doesn't justify cheating on your spouse).

 It's hard for my family to communicate sometimes, but we're able to talk and connect with things that don't feel so personal to us, and media (especially fictional media) is something that can get us talking because it's not about things that feel too deep and sensitive.

Anyway, I just think it's amazing how media (especially television) can evoke so many emotions and allow us to connect with other people!

Comments

  1. I've heard a lot about this show! I agree how it is cool that media can evoke so many emotions! I especially love how it allows us to connect with others, especially family members :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooooooowwwww okay ive been seeing a lot about Diana on Social media but i didn't really understand why but this might be why!! ANd okay yeah just looking at these gifs kinda made me want to cry. Diana!! Why did she have to D I E ????
    But anyways, i love that you found a way to connect with your family! That's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the YSA Ward House Cup

Seinfeld (at a thirty feet minimum)

A Pandemic of Misinformation