Seinfeld (at a thirty feet minimum)

My parents' favorite show is Seinfeld. When I was younger, they'd watch it after my sisters and I went to bed because it was too inappropriate for children. I would be in my bed down the hall, listening to my parents laugh and laugh (especially my dad) and wonder what I was missing that was so funny! 

Sometimes, if I couldn't sleep, I would walk out to the living in my little nightgown, bleary-eyed and try to speak to my parents over the sounds of Jerry Seinfeld's beginning or ending monologue. Most often though, I would fall asleep to the distant sounds of Seinfeld and joy!

Then, when I was an older teenager, my parents felt better about watching it with me, and I would enjoy it alright. Pretty soon, I realized that it wasn't exactly my sense of humor, but I LOVE how much my parents love it. So, when they would watch it, I would leave the room to do something else, but I still heard my parents laughter echoing from the other room and Jerry Seinfeld's voice sarcastically droning on about any and every subject.

Last week, my roommate had a boy over and they watched Seinfeld. I was (very stressfully) doing homework, but I realized that as they watched the show, I started relaxing and easing into my homework! I didn't realize how much I associated the distant sounds of the show with the comforts of home until that moment. I don't love watching Seinfeld, but apparently, I'm a huge fan when it's playing at least 30 feet away from me.

(sadly, not a gif)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the YSA Ward House Cup

A Pandemic of Misinformation